EVP, Digital and Streaming Media
Estrella Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Vice President Digital and Streaming Media
Reporting to both the CEO and the COO of Estrella and working with committees of the Board, the EVP of Digital and Streaming Media will lead the digital transformation of one of the leading Spanish language media companies in the US. The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial and will have a deep understanding of the digital media ecosystem, from content creation to distribution and monetization.
Ideally, the candidate will have a deep understanding of the Hispanic media marketplace and culture. The executive will likely come from a successful pure-play ad-supported streaming media platform like Pluto, Tubi, Xumo, Roku, Vice, Buzzfeed or have held meaningful digital development responsibility within a scaled legacy media business like Disney, NBCU, ViacomCBS, WarnerMedia, Discovery, Univision and others.
US Hispanic Market:
• 60 million plus population in the US - nearly 20% of the total population, fastest growing segment
• 50 million US Spanish-speakers is the second largest population behind only Mexico
• $2.3 trillion of GDP is the 8th largest economy in the world and the 3rd fastest-growing (behind China and India)
• Youth-oriented and digital first / digital native - average age of 29 vs 41 for non-Hispanic
• Over-index on smartphone, connected TV, digital audio and streaming video usage
• Lead overall strategic development, operational and financial initiatives for this newly created entity within Estrella Media
• Partner with the senior management team across all divisions to optimize the digital media opportunity for the company
• Quickly asses the largest digital transformation opportunities, develop a comprehensive strategy and go-to-market plan
• Develop and lead a high performing and innovative team dedicated specifically to digital initiatives
• Partner with Estrella producers to develop content and strategies for multiplatform distribution
• Drive monetization of the content through digital ad sales strategies and distribution partnerships
• Negotiate distribution and revenue partnerships with 3rd party digital media platforms
• Recommend and implement strategies to drive traffic, engagement and retention on Estrella Media channels
• Coordinate with the Estrella Media team to drive digital marketing campaigns for on-air and online channels
• Drive the development of the tech delivery platform and explore new products and enhancements that will drive incremental audiences and profitability
• Meet financial objectives of the Digital business unit as well as Estrella Media
• Must have senior management experience building and scaling digital media platforms, including content / product, tech platform and ad sales team development
• Proven senior digital media executive with experience collaborating in a matrixed organization
• Understanding of the US Hispanic marketplace and culture
• Experience working with legacy media players to transform into digital media first is a plus
• 10+ years of experience ad-supported digital media ecosystem, with an emphasis on AVOD, MarTech / AdTech and Social Media
• Expertise in major platforms (mobile, CTV, web) are a must
• Business and corporate development chops are a must
• Spanish speaker is a plus
Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are Estrella Media, a leading vertically integrated, multi-platform, Spanish-language media company operating the EstrellaTV Network, digital media platforms and radio and television stations across all of the top U.S. Hispanic markets. Producing over 2,500 hours annually of original video programming, the company is one of the largest U.S. producers of Spanish-language content. Estrella recently completed a recapitalization sponsored by HPS Partners, a global asset management firm with $60 billion+ under management. As part of the recapitalization and change of ownership, Estrella has hired a new CEO who has set the course to transform the company to compete in a modern media ecosystem, completing a rebranding, an overhaul of the content strategy and developing products for all digital media platforms. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles and New York and has operations in Dallas, Houston, Miami, Denver, Chicago, Phoenix and Atlanta. We are home to superstars like Don Cheto, Pepe Garza and Ana Barbara and TV mega hits like Tengo Talento, Mucho Talento and Rica, Famosa, Latina.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online