Assignment Desk Editor
Estrella Media, Inc.Burbank, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Assignment Desk Editor jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Assignment Desk Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assignment Desk Editor? Assignment Desk Editor
Estrella Media has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative Assignment Desk Editor for Local News casts. The Assignment Desk Editor will be responsible for researching and distributing news coverage assignments to reporters. Candidates should have experience in arranging and coordinating news content.
• Continuously surf the internet and news services sites to research news stories.
• Maintain and develop contacts in immigration, police, and community organizations to source information of interest to our audience.
• Answer phones and maintain telephone contact with reporters and news camera personnel.
• Source area maps and be able to give directions.
• Monitor police scanners, satellite feeds and other sources for breaking news.
• Dispatch and coordinate news crews to cover all aspects of the news day.
• Develop sources that can be contacted during breaking news and possess skills
to advance a story beyond the basics.
• Assist News team in coming up with story ideas and gathering information.
• Help promote News cast and develop content in Social Media platforms.
• Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
• Prior experience as an Assignment Editor.
• Working knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
• Be self-motivated, and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent research and organizational skills.
• Experience in coordinating staff.
• Skilled in all Social Media platforms.
• Have extensive knowledge of the Hispanic community.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
• Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is required.
• Must be willing to work in Burbank, CA. [no relocations]
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must possess valid CA Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Estrella Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.