X Games Production Coordinator
Full Time Job
Recurring - X Games Production Coordinator
- The Recurring - X Games Production Coordinator position will support all X Games Production including our social and digital platforms. This position requires an experienced new media manager who creates content for all screens. This position is a part of X Games Production, and will help support content strategy, digital programming, TV production, digital media, sales, marketing, social media, post-production houses, and serves as a video editor to manage, promote, develop and maintain the video strategies for the X Games brand across all screens with the end goal to drive audience and revenue.
ESPN is the leading action sports content provider, and creator of the X Games, the world's premier action sports competition. The two domestic flagship events, X Games Aspen and Minneapolis, as well as our international events that highlight the world's best action sports athletes, and much more. X Games offers year-round actions sports content on ABC and ESPN through World of X Games programming, which features in-depth profiles, stories and more about action sports. In the past the X Games has successfully organized action sports events around the world.
This is a Recurring/Seasonal position and is not full time. This person will work 1500 hours annually, the schedule is based on the X Games event calendar.
• Ensures or participates in ensuring ongoing compliance with established departmental procedures and policies.
• Recommends constructive solutions to scheduling conflicts or resource constraints.
• Obtains, verifies, compiles and distributes information from internal systems.
• Implements routine and semi-routine information on a regular basis.
• Contributes to departmental efficiencies through personal time management.
• Year-Round Responsibilities:
• Produce and edit video for all screens and platforms for which X Games video content is programmed, with emphasis on non-linear production management and editing.
• Use knowledge of trends in social media to produce and edit compelling content to drive reach and audience.
• Develop and create original video content for X Games platforms and enhance the quality of the content and overall video programming to drive audience and revenue.
• Work in conjunction with X Games management, content strategy, digital programming and TV production to execute year-round brand and content strategies for all platforms.
• Pull all footage requests for Sales, Marketing, Athletes, and Outside packagers.
• Media manage X Games content on Bristol servers pre and post event.
• In Event Responsibilities:
• Edit content needed for X Games linear, digital and social channels, working in coordination with X Games Production.
• Coordinate with Content team to support X Games production initiatives and content generation and distribution during X Games events.
• Help manage all aspects of feeds and media management for archival purposes.
• General support for all production needs.
• Non-Linear Production and Editing using Avid, Final Cut or Adobe Premiere.
• Knowledge of and skillful in using After Effects and Photoshop.
• General understanding of video editing, production, camera skills, and field producing.
• Position requires organizational skills, corporate confidentiality, attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and work independently.
• Ability to work with various levels of the organization, collaborate cross-functionally, and contribute to a high performing team.
• Strong awareness of social media trends.
• Knowledge of or strong interest in the action sports industry, youth marketing, athletes and trends.
• Bachelor's degree? or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.