Technology Portfolio Analyst
Full Time Job
The Technology Portfolio Coordinator reports to and receives direction from the Associate Director, Portfolio Management. The Technology Portfolio Management group oversees Technology's Portfolio strategy and processes for capital and expense. This role is responsible for identifying and recommending the appropriate balance of projects for Technology's alignment to evolving business priorities and changing budgetary requirements. The Technology Portfolio Coordinator collaborates closely with business leaders, project and program managers to maximize benefits for projects, reporting and consolidation. Create efficiencies to streamline and simplify the budget process for the Technology Division. Provide reporting to management throughout the Technology Division as needed.
• Provide portfolio setup and management focusing on capital and expense projects
• Maintain and govern list of all Technology capital and expense projects reflecting performance of all projects within the portfolio
• Support the Technology Portfolio Management team during budget and forecast activities
• Partner in performing periodic evaluations on active portfolios for alignment to business goals and budgets.
• Manage the collection, validation and transfer of capital and expense projects budget and forecast information
• Work with managers to collect & validate annual budget and quarterly forecast information
• Coordinate with project managers to capture all resource allocations per project
• Provide data to Finance as needed to support budget and forecast process
• Provide timely and accurate reports on capital and expense portfolio of work
• Generate detail project reports from SAP as needed
• Assist manager with compiling monthly executive report package
• Identify and communicate reporting needs and changes
• Provide support to Program Managers
• Perform monthly resource reconciliations and create journal entry file to support reclasses and accruals for month end close
• Review capital and expense actual spend and identify and investigate discrepancies
• Provide detailed resource variance analysis to the project managers
• Ensure the data integrity of ESPN's portfolio management tool data with respect to the system of record
• Periodic special projects
• Work issues through to resolution updating the team as appropriate
• Determine approach for problem resolution
• Ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data
• Escalation of issues as appropriate
• Regular communications with Portfolio team, peers, managers and Technology managers
• Direct, expert level, support of all customers
• Anticipate needs of customers
• Partnership with the Accounting, Finance and Program Management teams
• Very strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills, including expertise in Microsoft Excel as well as other MS Office programs.
• Familiarity with Portfolio Management and Project Accounting concepts and practices.
• Familiarity with corporate accounting software such as SAP, and with Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project and Workfront is a plus.
• Minimum 2 years' experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.