Summer Intern - Programming
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2020 6:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Programming jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Summer Intern - Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Programming? Job Summary:
The Programming Department's Mission is to create, acquire, and schedule premier content to engage fans and maximize audiences on all platforms. We lead the development of sport strategies across the company and manage constructive relationships with our colleagues in other departments and with our league partners and organizers. Programming interns typically conduct ratings research, develop presentations, interface with various other ESPN departments regarding programming initiatives and assist with planning and scheduling for major sporting events, in the three main areas of college sports, professional sports and Digital Media.
A Day in the Life:
General Programming/Acquisitions: Programming projects related to ESPN's professional and college sports categories including research, ratings and scheduling, across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, SEC Network, and Longhorn Network.
Digital Media Programming: Programming Projects and strategic research on live events and original content for ESPN's digital networks including ESPN3, ESPN Video on Demand, and ESPN Plus.
What You Bring to the Role:
• Fundamental understanding of ESPN's services provided to customers
• Sports knowledge
• Some business experience in a professional office environment
• Strong written and oral skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Detail oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills both verbal and written
• Some experience in television programming or production
• Appreciation for pop culture trends and new technologies
• Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Has fundamental knowledge of contract administration processes
• Has a basic understanding of other media, e.g., radio, online, print, etc.
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 8 – August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.