Summer Intern - Production Operations
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2020 6:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Production Operations jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Summer Intern - Production Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Production Operations? Job Summary:
We Are…in the middle of it all!
ESPN Production Operations is comprised of a full range of operational areas, including studios, control rooms for in-house and remote productions, edit rooms, content acquisition & distribution and master control rooms. We support all ESPN networks and productions that originate from our Bristol, CT headquarters in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
A Day in the Life:
• Production Operations interns will have hands-on training on state of the art equipment and work in a live production environment to deliver world class sports programming to our fans
• Roles include but are not limited to: Audio Assist, Video Editor, Operator roles such as Playout, Studio Camera, Program Ingest, and Master Control
• Operate independently upon completion of training
What You Bring to the Role:
• Basic understanding of Production equipment and technology, which may include server based recording/playback devices and related software applications, master control switchers (for playout of content to air), and hard cameras for live studio shows
• Hands-on experience in Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or other edit systems
• Strong communication skills and work ethic, ability to work in a changing and challenging environment while remaining calm in high pressure situations
• Previous internship or campus experience in control room, studio, or remote operations
• Ability to work nights, holidays, and weekends
• Strong interest in pursuing a career in live production operations
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2020 graduates are still eligible.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 8- August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This position is based in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.