Summer Intern - Operations
This was removed by the employer on 1/11/2020 6:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Operations jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Summer Intern - Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Operations? Job Summary:
ESPN Remote Operations is responsible for overseeing and driving the day to day operations, personnel and technical management of a remote event. We get every remote event technically prepared with trucks, crews and logistics for the event to be produced, working closely with Production, Finance, Vendors, organizing bodies and stadium or site personnel.
A Day in the Life:
The Operations Intern will use a technical background and practical experience to organize and coordinate operations and logistics relevant to ESPN-produced events. This individual is expected to acquire working knowledge of all phases of departmental operations through orientation and observation; familiarizes self with basic duties of other departmental personnel.
• Provide support to Operations Management in Bristol and at remote locations
• Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with crewing department to ensure that personnel are hired properly
• Create and maintain the Operations hotel list and work with Travel to ensure its accuracy.
• Place orders for equipment and supplies as requested. i.e. VIZ, C&S, ART etc.
• Receive and process invoices.
• Book the local runner and utility hires.
• Ensure all new hires and vendors complete corporate paperwork correctly and guide it through the system that will result in appropriate payment.
• Assist in arranging shipping between vendors and remote locations.
• Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of technical equipment and systems.
• Assist the Operations Producer on survey distribution and remote maintenance.
• Ability to balance the day-to-day workload, along with helping to oversee day-of-air remote challenges.
What You Bring to the Role:
• Strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication
• Proficiency in Windows-based PC applications; heavy use of Microsoft Excel
• Willingness and ability to travel to domestic work sites
• Campus or previous internship experience relating to Production or Technical/Operations
• Foreign language proficiency
• Microsoft Visio proficiency
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
• Communications, Broadcasting or related majors
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2020 graduates are still eligible.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 8 - August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This position is based in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.