Summer Intern - Bilingual Stats & Information
This was removed by the employer on 1/14/2020 5:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Bilingual Stats & Information jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Summer Intern - Bilingual Stats & Information postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Bilingual Stats & Information? Job Summary:
Our content is used across multiple platforms -- television, digital media, radio, ESPN The Magazine, and ESPN Mobile. The Stats & Information Group's focal point - besides supplying all statistical information for pro and college sports - is to provide perspective and context around games, key sporting events and breaking news.
A Day in the Life:
Do you have a passion for sports AND statistics? The ESPN Stats & Information Group is dedicated to providing impactful and insightful statistics and information for use across all of ESPN's platforms.
As an intern in the Stats & Information Group's International division, you will use broad and deep sports knowledge to provide content, context and ensure accuracy for ESPN's Spanish-language BottomLines and/or news-and-information shows as Fuera de Juego, ESPNFC and sport-specific shows on soccer, baseball, basketball and other sports and various game broadcasts.
A Bilingual Stats & Information intern may work in one or both of our international departments: BottomLine and Production Research.
BottomLine: Determine proper treatment of games & news stories, write effective news headlines and ensure 100 percent accuracy of content displayed on the BottomLine.
Production Research: Research original content for use on digital media and show support, including full-screen graphics for TV, anchor lead-ins and original pieces; provide live updates to talent in studio.
What You Bring to the Role:
• Passion for sports and statistics including expert-level knowledge of players, teams and analytic metrics, especially in international soccer
• Strong news/content awareness and judgment
• Thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment with a meticulous attention to detail in striving for 100 percent accuracy.
• Must have fluency in Spanish-language writing, reading and speaking and be bilingual (written and spoken) in English and Spanish with an ability to translate written English to Spanish and written Spanish to English
• Professional experience working with statistics in a digital, television, print-media or sports information environment
• Experience developing sports content and storylines with a TV station, radio station, newspaper or notable sports blog
• Experience in the Public Relations or Marketing Department of a college, minor league or professional sports team
• Work on an academic project focused on sports journalism, sports business or sports statistics
• Experience using social media in a business or news environment
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2020 graduates are still eligible.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 8 – August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship including nights (almost exclusively), weekends and holidays.
Housing: This internship is based in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.