Summer Intern - Affiliate Sales and Marketing
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) Digital Media business is responsible for delivering digital video experiences across a broad array of platforms, including web, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast and more.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
This intern will support the Digital Media Business Development team on the strategic development and execution of new business opportunities that align with each network's growth goals, and effectively extend DATG's penetration and profitability in the digital marketplace.
The candidate should have digital media / entertainment experience and/or passion for the space (i.e., use/engage in social media, watch television, access content on digital platforms, etc.).
A Day in the Life:
This 10-week program applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying, creating, and evaluating strategies and tactics to advance the content distribution business of Disney and ESPN Media Networks across cable, satellite, telco, and digital accounts. The role will work across the Sales, Marketing, Strategy, and Business Operations teams on projects that will further support content distribution efforts.
Projects may include:
• Assist in analyzing distribution opportunities, key business drivers, trends, and new technologies and business models
• Take part in building marketing strategy to help drive acquisition and retention for affiliates and their customers
• Research and communicate opportunities to connect company priorities and goals to affiliate priorities
• Support execution of new and existing distribution strategies
• Present a proposal or pitch at the end of the internship reflecting key learnings and ideas pertaining to Affiliate partners and/or networks
What You Bring to the Role:
• Detail oriented self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills both verbal and written
• Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Dynamic personality with the ability to work across different teams within Affiliate
• Experience in media, technology, or with subscription business models
• Proven financial/business analytical skills
• Familiar with the Disney and ESPN Media Networks portfolio
• General understanding of the current trends in the media industry and the competitive landscape
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduated student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter highlighting why you're a strong candidate for this internship.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional. May 2019 graduates are still eligible.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 11 – August 16, 2019. Interns will work 40 hours per week and need to provide full availability throughout the internship.
Housing & Transportation: This internship is located in Burbank, CA. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.