Sr. Managing Producer
Full Time Job
The Sr. Managing Producer reports directly to the VP, MMA/Boxing Original Content. Works to help guide a production team in the creative development, preparation, and production of MMA and boxing original content, following the guidance of the VP. Works to develop and drive the content and quality of content ideas and show segments across platforms in collaboration with talent and production teams. Manages the set up and execution of shoots. Determines and maintains the ''creative vision'' of assigned multimedia productions and features. Fully understands the technical process in which content is created and delivered to fans and has the ability to provide guidance and solutions to problems. Manages production resources, assets and staff. Works with other departments in terms of companion content, editorial and resource allocation. Understands data metrics and how to best use that information to inform content creation. Creates and monitors schedules and budgets to ensure timely, current and cost-effective multimedia productions. Mentors less experienced members of the team. Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media. Effectively maintains leadership in a group environment, manages direct reports and delivers constructive feedback. May be assigned to various original or special projects as the lead producer. Work closely with our partners in both sport categories.
• Manages all aspects of production related to UFC and boxing original content, including: ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and distribution, in addition to coordinating guest booking and talent scheduling
• Collaborates directly with talent to write and develop compelling content with regular guidance from the responsible VP.
• Uses mastery of MMA and boxing sports knowledge, creativity and news judgment to determine the rundown, concepts and content across platforms.
• Sets expectations for the editorial content and oversees a staff of subordinate Producers, Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned sports content
• Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned ideas; determines the agendas and flow of assigned projects
• Operates within the context of maximizing distribution and revenue opportunities
• Work is reviewed by the responsible VP at regular intervals and milestones
• Has a minimum of 6 years of practical multimedia production or related progressively complex experience.
• Has experience producing a show or events across platforms
• Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what ''works'' on all platforms, and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users and the intersection with MMA and boxing
• Has good production skills related to MMA and boxing
• Has a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and sales strategies
• Has an established knowledge of MMA and boxing history
• Is a supervisor with good leadership skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Good writing, editing and copy editing skills
• Knowledge of production and video editing
• Understanding of metrics-based decision making
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, broadcasting, communications, sports management, or social media
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.