Sports Video Editor
Full Time Job
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Video Editor possesses a sound ability for non-linear video editing in a fast paced Sports Broadcast atmosphere. The Video Editor is expected to be a team player who collaborates amongst various teams while operating at a proficient level. They look for learning opportunities within the department to hone their craft.
• Proficient operating skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
• Operates a wide range of assignments within the particular discipline that is indicated by the job title
• Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting
• Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required.
• Participation in training programs, (physical classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
• Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
• Shares information and offer solutions to standard workflow and system problems.
• Initiates productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
• Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
• Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions
• As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
• Basic Qualifications:
• A minimum of four years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television.
• Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom that requires quick turnaround edits.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Final Cut Pro
• After Effects
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.