Social Media Specialist I
Full Time Job
Social Media Specialist I (College FB/Pop Culture)
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Social Media Specialist I who will assist in social media coverage across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. This hybrid editor/producer position will require live social programming and helping senior level colleagues with social content production. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment with a flexible work schedule and unquenchable thirst for learning.
There are two positions. One has focus on College Football. The other position has focus on Gen Z, Pop Culture and Sneakers.
• Perform a wide variety of tasks to assist in shaping, creating, and distributing content on social media platforms
• Write and edit social copy to ensure that it is consistent with account voice, editorial policy, and standards of news judgement
• Generate new ideas for stories, videos, and graphics
• Support project leads to make ESPN content compelling and comprehensive on social media platforms
• Sports happen on nights and weekends and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
• Output subject to close oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures
• 1 years' experience in social media or a closely related field
• Fundamental content creation skills in either social writing, photo editing, or video editing
• Sound knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
• Demonstrated communication and organization skills
• Appreciation for and understanding of internet pop culture
• Experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
• Experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
• An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.