Social Media Manager
Full Time Job
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity,
sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans.
Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Social Media Manager to oversee a small group of social producers and editors that
discover, develop, and distribute content for ESPN-branded social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter,
and Instagram. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience creating social content, managing people,
and leading successful cross-platform projects from start to finish.
• Create and oversee content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically
• Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
• Manage content planning and strategy for specific tier-4 cross-account initiatives
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to make social content compelling and comprehensive
• Regularly assign work to select peers and designers
• Edit and approve social posts for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including
• real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
• Maintain commanding knowledge of the latest social media trends and best practices
• Analyze performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
• Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
• At least 5 years' experience working in a fast-paced social media environment with content creation
• responsibilities or 5 years' relevant experience
• 1 years' experience managing one or more people
• 3 years' experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
• 3 years' experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
• Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
• Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Possess excellent news judgement and verbal/written communication skills
• Commanding knowledge of journalistic standards
• Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical work day
• Ability to shape content at various stages of development
• Highly skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision making
• Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that contributes to an understanding of the tastes of
• ESPN's social media followers
• Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends
• Experience articulating social strategy in meeting settings
• An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.