Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning
Full Time Job
This Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for coordinating and consolidating the budgets, 5 year plans and forecasts for ESPN and ABC Sports Income Statements.
In addition, this Sr. Financial Analyst will be in charge of the compilation of close and forecast variance analysis provided to ESPN management, Disney and The Hearst Corporation.
• Responsible for compiling all variances for ESPN management, Disney and The Hearst Corporation as it relates to the forecasts, AOP, 5YP and closes. This will include working with various finance, accounting and operational personnel to compile the various Cause of Change analysis, ensure that it makes business sense and summarize for management.
• Maintain and analyze the database of management P&L's by line of business for close, forecasts, AOP and 5YP.
• Responsible for budget/forecast consolidation of ABC Sports. This will entail working with several finance contacts to obtain an understanding of changes and ensure accuracy. Additionally, this position will be responsible for consolidating the variances and providing them to ABC.
• Identify process improvement opportunities and assists with implementation efforts for departmental projects/initiatives.
• Assist the Senior Manager on special projects, as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Excellent Multitasking Skills
• Detail oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication Skills
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, including advanced formula comprehension
• Knowledge of SAP or COGNOS preferred
• B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.