ESPNLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/20/2019 12:42:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Project-Talent Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Project-Talent Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Project-Talent Producer? Job Summary:
The Talent Producer will work alongside production colleagues to proactively pitch and book guests across ESPN's platforms. Collaborating with the Director of Talent Producers and other colleagues, the Talent Producer will develop and maintain exceptional internal and external relationships in order to provide the most timely, impactful guests, forecast show needs and react to breaking news.
This project position will be approximately 2 years in length.
• Proactively pitches guest ideas to Talent Production Director, Coordinating Producers, Producers, Researchers, etc. to ensure the most appropriate guests appear on the most appropriate platform.
• Learns and understands the difference in shows/platforms across ESPN to suggest appropriate and timely guests.
• Continually develops and maintains exceptional internal relationships across platform and job function.
• Works alongside production to suggest timely, appropriate and attainable guests during breaking news scenarios.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with agents, SIDs, athletes and PR people to ensure the best possible cooperation/outcome with booking guests.
• Maintains an extensive database of athletes, coaches, managers, team executives and celebrities and their agents.
• Participates in daily editorial meetings to suggest story ideas and guest possibilities for all shows.
• Collaborates with other talent producers, Coordinating Producers, Producers and Talent Director to strategically forecast and anticipate needs for guests based on upcoming seasons, news relevancy and show needs.
• Strong, consistent communication skills
• Ability to plan and contribute effectively in team environment
• Deep sports knowledge
• Deep sports/entertainment rolodex
• Guest/ talent booking experience
• Knowledge of the media industry
• Ability to function effectively in an atmosphere subject to frequent changes and produce results
• Ability to prepare and submit story ideas/guest segments
• Ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive and changing production situations
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in sports media or broadcast industry
• Familiarity with computers, search engines, internet searches.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism or related field
• This position will work nights/weekends/holidays
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.