Project-Podcast Associate Producer
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Project-Podcast Associate Producer Narrative Series, ESPN Films
The Podcast Associate Producer, ESPN Films, will be part of a small team working to develop and execute a multi-part series for 30 for 30 podcasts over the course of 18 months. The Podcast AP should bring a strong audio production background and will play a large role in shaping the reporting and production of the series. The AP will work with our lead producer and editors to research, secure archival material, assemble sessions, and be part of the overall editorial team at 30 for 30. There will also be an opportunity to work across multiple stories and projects, as permitted -- supporting lead producers and reporters, as well as outside production companies.
• Help coordinate the day-to-day production of the series.
• Work with raw interview and archival tape to log, select, and assemble sessions, in collaboration with reporters and producers
• Provide research and archival support across the different episodes.
• Participate in the reporting, editing, and production process.
• Help with general production matters, logistics for interviews, travel, promotion, meetings etc
• Work with our marketing and promotion teams for episode/season release
• Work on production of the 30for30 episode series and occasional support for other 30 for 30 podcast projects in development and production
• Advanced audio editing skills, in ProTools and other audio systems
• 2-3 years experience working in collaborative environments, ideally in TV or radio journalism
• Meticulous attention to detail and experience planning long-term projects
• Experience in finding, researching, and structuring unique narrative stories
• Experience collaborating with producers and contractors
• Very good organization and communication skills.
• Thrives in a team setting.
• Experience producing and editing sound-rich, narrative, audio programming
• Relationships with freelance podcast talent
• Relationships with archival vendors and leagues
• Experience with social media, graphics, and other skills useful for marketing and promotion
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree in filmmaking, journalism and/or communications.
• Post-graduate study in filmmaking and/or internship in sports journalism/sports media.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.