Project Coordinating Designer - UI / UX Developer
Full Time Job
The 2-year project Coordinating Designer, Motion Graphics position will assist with all Production Enhancements projects associated with routine touchscreen graphics design and development. The ideal candidate will possess a broad-based knowledge of and enthusiasm for software and hardware systems associated with on-camera, interactive story telling experiences. This person will take direction from the Coordinating designer on daily, weekly, and long-term priority items.
• Maintenance mode of 30 touchscreen scenes currently in production
• Assisting in the resolution of operational issues associated with the touchscreen systems in all ESPN broadcast facilities
• Talent training
• Front line technical support for touchscreen graphic environments
• Migration of legacy touchscreen environments to HTML5
• Coordination with operations and engineering teams to secure equipment necessary for touchscreen production at remote event locations
• Coordination with operations and engineering teams to assist with hardware refresh and upgrades initiatives.
• Design and develop plugins to run in graphics applications beyond touchscreen systems
• Find innovative ways to use HTML5 in other aspect of the Motion Graphics operation
• Help develop software solutions to streamline routine operations within the Motion Graphics department.
• Build relationships with production clients so as to best understand, anticipate and pitch new solutions for new touchscreen storytelling experiences.
• 3 years of professional experience developing touchscreen solutions for broadcast environment or equivalent in UI/UX experience.
• Must expect to travel, work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Experience working with video and other media preferred.
• Experience working with 3D programming environments.
• Working knowledge of C#.
• High School Diploma
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.