Full Time Job
Production Coordinator I
The Production Coordinator I assists in the day-to-day operations of production content, logistics and business operations to support a group of assigned shows and/or sport categories.
This position is based out of ESPN's world headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut.
• Acts as liaison for assigned sport/show categories between Production, other ESPN departments, and outside entities.
• Responsible for dealing with time-sensitive materials and decisions.
• Works with upper management on scheduling of assigned personnel regarding event and show assignments, tracks personnel overtime and vacation time.
• Supports staff and Talent, Producers, Directors, Graphics/Playback Producers, Associate Directors, Associate Producers, Graphics Interface Coordinators, Statisticians, Content Associates, and Production Assistants on the systematic processes of assigned sport/show unit.
• Works with Production leaders and other personnel to promote T & E policy understanding and adherence.
• Works in conjunction with Production leaders to assist with management of external workforce.
• Supports production seminars, workshops, and meetings for production personnel.
• Responsible for the handling and relaying of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.).
• During Production peak times, remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.
• Works in conjunction with Operations Department to assist with logistics (in and out-of-house).
• Organizes and distributes show production elements and materials (i.e. Sales, graphics and promotional information).
• Participates in the recruiting, selecting and scheduling of Content Associates and Production Assistants as needed, for specific production groups and sport categories/show units.
• Responsible for training new hires on Production departmental processes and procedures.
• Provides objective feedback on performance to staff and remote personnel and shares feedback as required.
• Plans, requests and allocates production facility needs of assigned sports/shows.
• At the direction of Coordinating Producers, requests contracts and service agreements.
• Includes technical, logistical, financial and administrative aspects of productions in assigned areas.
• Works with production teams to ensure assigned productions meet established network creative and technical specifications, business objectives and financial goals.
• Work is reviewed from a short-to-mid-term perspective and against defined Production objectives, budgets and schedules.
• Traveling for productions (domestic and international) may be required.
• Must possess strong organizational skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks, ability to implement systematic processes and organize information flow).
• Must understand the value of synergy in a dynamic organization.
• Must possess strong communication skills (i.e. clear and concise in all forms of communication, ability to handle high-volume email and phone traffic, as well as in-person interactions).
• Has demonstrated ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that arise and are subject to continual change.
• Demonstrates ability to take initiative; suggests ideas and solutions to problems that arise or before they occur.
• Has basic experience in various aspects of production management (i.e. processing contracts and invoices, creating, maintaining and distributing production information, travel management, production personnel scheduling/staffing).
• Possesses basic understanding of the production of studio shows, remote events and/or packaged shows.
• Has knowledge of the operational and logistical aspects of production planning.
• Has some financial management experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Office 365, Outlook, Excel, Word, One Note, and PowerPoint).
• A minimum of 2 years of production and/or operations experience.
• Clear understanding of the different roles needed in the production of live events
• Familiar with new technology advancements in multimedia video production
• Knowledgeable about the sports production landscape
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Advanced computer skills including traditional Microsoft Office programs as well as other cloud-based platforms
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Degree or course work in Communications and Sports Management
• Working knowledge of the following systems/tools:
• WebEx and/or Blue Jeans, Slack
• NCS, ENPS, Playbook
• Concur, Kronos, Autoflow Invoice Management, and SAP
Will work nights/weekends/holidays
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.