Production Coordinator I
Full Time Job
The Production Coordinator I assists in the day-to-day operations of production content, logistics and business operations to support a group of assigned shows and/or sport categories.
This position is based out of ESPN's world headquarters in Bristol, Connecticut.
• Acts as liaison for ESPN's Creative Content Unit between Production, other ESPN departments, and outside entities.
• Responsible for dealing with time-sensitive materials and decisions.
• Works with upper management on scheduling of assigned personnel regarding event and show assignments, tracks personnel overtime and vacation time.
• Supports production staff, Coordinating Producers, outside vendors, and multiple constituencies on the creative development and execution of elements for assigned shows.
• Works with Production leaders and other personnel to promote T & E policy understanding and adherence.
• Works in conjunction with Production leaders to assist with management of external workforce and vendors.
• Responsible for the handling and relaying of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.).
• During Production peak times, remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.
• Provides objective feedback on performance to staff and remote personnel and shares feedback as required.
• Plans, requests and allocates production facility needs of assigned sports/shows.
• At the direction of Coordinating Producers, requests contracts and service agreements.
• Includes technical, logistical, financial and administrative aspects of productions in assigned areas.
• Works with production teams to ensure assigned productions meet established network creative and technical specifications, business objectives and financial goals.
• Work is reviewed from a short-to-mid-term perspective and against defined Production objectives, budgets and schedules.
• Traveling for productions (domestic and international) may be required.
• Must possess strong organizational skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks, ability to implement systematic processes and organize information flow).
• A minimum of 2 years of production and/or operations experience.
• Prior experience producing or coordinating on-location shoots and feature stories
• Familiar with new technology advancements in multimedia video production
• Knowledgeable about the sports production landscape
• Must understand the value of synergy in a dynamic organization.
• Must possess strong communication skills (i.e. clear and concise in all forms of communication, ability to handle high-volume email and phone traffic, as well as in-person interactions).
• Has demonstrated ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that arise and are subject to continual change.
• Demonstrates ability to take initiative; suggests ideas and solutions to problems that arise or before they occur.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Office 365, Outlook, Excel, Word, One Note, and PowerPoint).
• Has prior experience with project management and producing or managing on-location shoots
• Has basic experience in various aspects of production management (i.e. processing contracts and invoices, creating, maintaining and distributing production information, travel management, production personnel scheduling/staffing).
• Clear understanding of the different roles needed in the production of live events
• Possesses basic understanding of the production of studio shows, remote events and/or packaged shows, as well as location shoots and show features.
• Has knowledge of the operational and logistical aspects of production planning.Has some financial management experience.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Advanced computer skills including traditional Microsoft Office programs as well as other cloud-based platforms
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Degree or course work in Communications and Sports Management
• Working knowledge of the following systems/tools:
• WebEx and/or Blue Jeans, Slack
• NCS, ENPS, Playbook
• Concur, Kronos, Autoflow Invoice Management, and SAP
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.