Producer, China Partnership With Tencent
ESPNLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Producer I, ESPN China Partnership With Tencent
The Producer I for ESPN's partnership in China is responsible for the conceptual development, planning, coordination and creative execution of production (live/taped) requirements to achieve and maximize viewer interest, audience following, ad-sales profits and rating results. The Producer I is also responsible for effective utilization and coordination of on-air talent, analysts, reporters, production and technical personnel and facilities to achieve and enhance assigned productions.
• Participates in or leads the development of most or all of the creative concepts of assigned sports news programs to reach viewers and to increase ESPN's market penetration, ratings, viewership and ad-sales profits.
• Determines the content and focus of each assigned sports news/entertainment program including the stories comprising the program; identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news.
• Uses mastery of sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of assigned sports news programs.
• Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs to create informative and entertaining sports news programs.
• Oversees a staff of Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned informative and entertaining sports news programs.
• Leads the assigned on-air staff to create and write creative and compelling content for assigned sports news program.
• Adjust program content to accommodate breaking news situations; interprets breaking news and translates it into program content.
• Participates in decisions regarding the full scope of creative, content, production and some cost/benefit decisions for assigned sports news stories.
• Recommendations and decisions are subject to general review and are guided by the defined objective and outcomes of assigned sports news stories.
• Ensures that the concepts and content of assigned sports news stories comply with the established policy and concepts of the production.
• Applies established creative and production skills to identifying and evaluating alternatives and to developing the concept and content of assigned sports news stories.
• Participates in interpreting the concepts of assigned sports news stories for the responsible Coordinating Producer, other Producers and related production and technical staffs.
• May negotiate or participate in negotiations for resources, within prescribed budgets, for assigned sports news stories.
• Participates in developing or develops processes and procedures for Associate Producers and Production Assistants that enhance the efficiency with which the department's workload is conducted.
• Operates within the context of defined sports news program concepts, objectives and outcomes.
• Produces assigned sports news programs independently with regular guidance from the responsible Coordinating Producer.
• Minimum 4 years of progressively complex related studio or related production experience.
• Has a high level knowledge of real-time sports news production.
• Unparalleled knowledge of the China market.
• Strong bilingual Mandarin/English speaking/writing skills
• Extensive knowledge of sports such as basketball, soccer, boxing, golf, tennis, auto racing and all major American professional sports.
• Flexible attitude towards constantly changing work conditions and environment.
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
• Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what ''works'' on television and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted for show production.
• Knowledge of televisions production and video editing in digital and analog environments.
• Is an experienced supervisor with good leadership skills.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Good writing and copy editing skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field and/or its equivalent.
• Master's degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.