Full Time Job
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Preditor is an experienced, knowledgeable, and well-versed non-linear editor with a honed craft of video editing, content creation, writing, and producing in a fast-paced sports broadcast atmosphere. The Preditor is expected to be a strong collaborator that will work with various production teams while operating at a proficient level. The ability to work independently and collaborate between departments on key show elements is required.
• Proficient operating skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
• Operates a wide range of assignments within the particular discipline that is indicated by the job title
• Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting
• Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required.
• Participation in training programs, (physical classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment, and/or workflow changes within the operation.
• Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans
• Share information and offer solutions to standard workflow and system problems.
• Initiate productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
• Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
• Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions
• As necessary, participate in team-based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
• Demonstrates a proficient level of production skillsets including writing, conceptualizing, storytelling, and development of unique projects to drive results.Has an in-depth working knowledge of ESPN programming, with the ability to create and produce content for various ESPN productions as necessary.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• A minimum of three years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television..
• Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom that requires quick turnaround edits.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Understanding of Production workflows, proven writing and producing skills, and demonstrated ability to deliver on established themes or styles as required.Ability to participate in generating new story ideas and execute the work under tight deadlines.
• Final Cut Pro
• After Effects
• Knowledge of ENG lighting, audio and camera setup to include but not limited to: Setting up shoots, audio recording and effective camera usage
• Bilingual in both English and Spanish (Written and Spoken)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.