Part-Time Live Event Replay Operator
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2018 11:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Part-Time Live Event Replay Operator jobs in Charlotte-NC
Search all Part-Time Live Event Replay Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Part-Time Live Event Replay Operator? Part-Time Live Event Replay Operator (Media Operator)
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Media Operator in the Charlotte PCR group must be proficient in organizing, recording, editing and playing back server based material during live and pre-recorded productions while ensuring all content meets ESPN's high standards for video and audio quality. They are also responsible for local media management and naming conventions. Work will be performed in a fast paced environment for a wide variety of studio shows and events.
• Operates all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to organization and distribution of all server content used for recording and playback during control room productions. Heavy focus on DreamCatcher operation.
• Demonstrates a basic knowledge of editing techniques on non-linear systems.
• Measures audio and video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
• Performs proficiently under strict timelines and/or live conditions.
• Files reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions and, equipment status at the request of management.
• Prioritizes and disseminates complex information among the entire control room crew in a clear and concise manner to ensure seamless productions.
• Participates in special event coverage and projects as necessary.
• May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
• Problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Seeks out information in regards to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Participates in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation. Supports ESPN Domestic networks including SEC.
• Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; broadcast routers, vector scope and waveform monitors, media management, and technical standards.
• Familiarity with a server playback system and non-linear editing systems such as Quantel.
• Experience in a live production control room or remote production environment.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
*There is no relcation assistance provided for this role*
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.