This was removed by the employer on 11/6/2018 10:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Paralegal jobs in Bristol-NY
Search all Paralegal postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Paralegal? Job Summary:
The Paralegal position carries out a range of para-professional duties under the supervision of one or more attorneys in ESPN's Legal department. Required to confidently engage with business leads to help navigate legal issues, most importantly the contract process from term sheet through signature. This role will be focused mainly on contract drafting in the Digital, Technology, Programming, Production, Distribution and other areas, and will require the ability to spot legal issues and analyze existing complex contracts.
• Drafts contracts and/or other legal documents, ranging from standard to highly complex, for attorney review and approval, with a high degree of competence, knowledge, legal judgment and drafting skill. Range of subject matters may include all matters handled within the Legal Department, including (but not limited to) Technology, Programming, Production, Digital, Distribution and Footage Licensing.
• Conducts legal issue identification and analysis, including regarding intellectual property ownership (e.g., patent, trade secret, copyright, name and likeness); legal risk assessment at a high para-professional level.
• Manages document flow, responds to requests for documents and document status, and enters language and other information into databases.
• Maintains the department's master and standard contracts and other documents in certain subject matter areas, and updates and distributes as necessary.
• Conducts research, which may include some higher-level analysis, in areas of focus, which may include Technology, Digital Media, Distribution Rights, discovery research in support of litigation, and other legal research.
• May conduct administrative support activities for attorneys and interface with finance function as necessary.
• Expected to contribute/participate in department oriented initiatives beyond assigned duties on occasion (e.g., legal department intranet site, presentations to client departments).
• Minimum of 3 years of applicable legal experience required.
• Expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• The ability to consistently solve problems with a high degree of independent decision-making.
• The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Demonstrated strong operational expertise.
• Proven success in judgment in a broad scope of matters.
• Full knowledge of selected legal procedures, terminology, and contract policies and standards.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision while exercising the judgment to appropriately discern when to escalate issues.
• Superior organization skills with the ability to prioritize workload efficiently and effectively, and excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and must be highly team-oriented.
• High level of professionalism and ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
• Ability to build business acumen and understand core elements of the applicable business area(s).
• Generally tech savvy and able to learn new skills necessary to keep pace with an ever-changing landscape.
• Knowledge of Lexis and/or WestLaw, SharePoint, and SAP.
• Subject matter expertise in Technology, Digital Media, Licensing and other categories of agreements in the sports/media/entertainment/music space.
• High School Diploma
• Paralegal certification and Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.