Manager, Remote Production Operations
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Remote Production Operations (NY Seaport)
The Production Operations Management Team relies on both technical and operational skills and expertise. Our Managers are also responsible for the cost effective 24/7 operations of all ESPN resources, including personnel, systems, services, and vendor relations. The business initiatives of the company also drive the Remote Production Operations Management, including bottom line results for all procurement, operational, promotional and training budgets.
ESPN Remote Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our business unit comprises Venue/Stadium Management, Technical/Resource Management, Crewing, Transmission, Mobile Unit, External Studio Operations, Workflow Design, and Business Operations. Our team manages approximately 10,000 technicians and supports more than 5000 productions each year located in various stadiums, arenas, and remote locations throughout the world.
• Plans, manages and controls technical operating personnel; creates, monitors and administers technical operations procedures and technical training programs; coordinates technical operating personnel to ensure the achievement of programming and production requirements
• Manages all assigned Production Operations personnel including vendor-supplied technicians.
• Coordinates and oversees technical operations at ESPN Studios at The Seaport to ensure efficient and smooth production operations; plans and coordinates with vendor and ESPN Systems Engineering teams regarding the installation, implementation, and repair of new equipment
• Supervises emergency activities resulting for equipment failures; prepares daily technical operations reports on technical problems; keeps the management of Remote Production Operations currently apprised of all technical modifications and problems; follows up on deviations to identify and isolate special and systemic problems; participates in post- production evaluations to identify and isolate technical problems and to recommend corrective actions
• Assesses and plans for current and future production and operational needs and requirements; recommends appropriate modifications and otherwise closely supports facilities
• Researches new technologies as they relate to technical operations; maintains a current awareness of technical developments and trends in the industry
• Determines approval of the staffing, scheduling and assignments of Remote Production Operations and vendor-supplied personnel on an all shifts; approves adjustments to staffing and facilities schedules to meet the demands of on-air and all programming and production operations
• Acts as the primary liaison with close technical support groups to resolve technical and operational challenges/problems
• Participates in planning with the various Production Departments as well as all other ESPN clients (Marketing, Human Resources, Creative Studio Directing, etc.) to ensure the adequacy of technical facilities and staff to achieved targeted results
• Oversees the creation and implementation of onsite activations in/around Pier 17, The Seaport District and Fulton Street Marek including camera blocking, staging, crowd management, lighting/electric, permitting, and safety.
• Directly responsible for and influences the context of ESPN's defined technical operations policies, objectives and outcomes
• Ensures the seamless operation of technical and/or production operations
• Leads in the Long Range Planning for all Production Operations Resources with respect to Programming and Production and other vested parties
• Accountable for the technical quality of live and recorded programming, coordinated productions and special projects as defined by ESPN Senior Management
• Performs a variety of special projects, as assigned
• 10-years of progressively complex related production and network operations experience.
• In-depth knowledge of studio and network processes including cross-platform collaboration.
• In-depth understanding of the financial implications of studio and network operations.
• In-depth knowledge of the technical equipment involved in producing shows and multi-network operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications, Electronic Journalism or related field is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in television operations is also desired.
• Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.