Live Event Audio Assist
Full Time Job
Live Event Audio Assist (A2)
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, REMI, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations.
Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Audio Assistant (A2) must be proficient in dressing talent microphones/IFB's for live and taped studio productions. This person acts as the liaison between the studio and production control room operations staff, configuring in-house intercom communications as necessary to meet the communications needs for Bristol based studio productions. The candidate will have proficiency in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; microphone and IFB signal flows, wireless PL systems, mix minus, intercom devices and all associated hardware and software, broadcast routers, remote ''crash cart'', and trunking procedures.
• Operates all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to audio signal flow and metering concepts, broadcast routers, intercom, microphone and IFB systems.
• Measures audio signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
• Performs proficiently under strict timelines and/or live conditions.
• Files reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions and, equipment status at the request of management.
• Prioritizes and disseminates complex information among the entire control room crew in a clear and concise manner to ensure seamless productions.
• Participates in special event coverage and projects as necessary.
• May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
• Problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Seeks out information in regards to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Participates in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio signal flow and metering concepts, broadcast routers, intercom, microphone and IFB systems.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays to align with the event-based production model used by the REMI Team.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
• Demonstrable Knowledge of Broadcast Communications Equipment
• Understanding of Remote Event Workflows and Terminology
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to our partners
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.