Lead Post Production Editor
Full Time Job
The Lead Post Production Editor is an experienced, knowledgeable, and well-versed non-linear editor who edits basic to complex content to support all ESPN Production groups and performs supporting functions including media ingest/conversion, graphics creation and audio production. Responsibilities outside of this description may be required based on company and/or department initiatives. The Lead Post Production Editor is expected to be a leader, mentor, and collaborator amongst various teams while editing at an advanced level.
• Strong level of edit skills and ability to perform under strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
• Comprehensive knowledge of broadcast, digital and social methods, workflow, equipment, facility layout, and troubleshooting practices as they relate to editing assignments.
• Operate a wide range of assignments and equipment and technology within assigned editing areas, as indicated by the job title. These include but are not limited to; high profile non-linear edit systems, graphic creation, media management , broadcast routers, technical standards, media restore and ingest systems, After Effects, Photoshop, and Content Enhancement systems.
• Conduct an advanced level of quality control and take corrective actions to ensure and/or enhance products/content.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, and/or new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation. Also expected to participate in the training of others and generate training documentation.
• Interpret and understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results, and resolutions.
• May support the updating of Standard Operating Procedures.
• Identify problems, recommend solutions and/or resolve operational errors and equipment failures.
• Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
• Interact productively with counterparts in Operations and closely related support departments. Together, complete the expected assignments based on timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
• Advanced understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to other staff and/or peers.
• Work independently, manage simultaneous projects, and follow through on assignments.
• Document and/or file reports, as necessary on specific working conditions, equipment status, at the request of management.
• Comprehensive understanding of editing file structures, broadcast measurements, and A/V formats.
• Strong understanding of the theory and aesthetics of graphics creation, color correction, and audio mixing.
*Working nights, weekends and holidays is expected in this role.*
• Minimum of four years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television.
• Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives
• Final Cut Pro
• After Effects
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.