Lead Designer, Motion Graphics
Full Time Job
The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at a high proficiency level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long range assignments, contributes to group projects, and frequently works independently on assignments. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product. The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is a high level creative who is expected to set the bar on quality and creativity.
ESPN's Creative Services/Production Enhancements team provides first-rate service to our partners while driving creativity, vision, and innovation. We look to inspire, create and deliver across all our areas…whether it's design, graphics, animation, editing, music, sound design, or development of new production tools for event and studio production.
• Utilizes Adobe, Cinema4D, Maya, and VIZ-RT to create advanced designs and animations for network productions and long-range assignments.
• Translates project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Creates graphics and animations for touchscreens, print and set designs, studio/remote applications, and ''proof of concept'' projects.
• Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
• Displays strong understanding and regular use of effective type layout.
• Actively involved with the conceptual development of design initiatives within the ESPN Creative Services Department.
• Expected to consistently strive to stretch the boundaries of ESPN design.
• Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
• Actively participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers and vendors.
• Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
• Utilizes new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including advanced Viz Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
• Observes graphic format deviations and enforces ESPN graphic look.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Knowledge in business protocol and procurement techniques as well as in-depth research and development in specified areas of expertise
• Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
• Strong ability to multi-task.
• Sports knowledge is a must.
• Must expect to travel, work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Minimum of 6 years hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience with Adobe, Cinema4D, Maya, VIZ-RT, or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.