Front- End Software Engineer I
Full Time Job
We are looking for someone who…
• Is passionate about software engineering and related technologies
• Demonstrates determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
• Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies in all parts of the stack
• Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
• Values learning and being exposed to new experiences
• Loves sports and wants to build the best experiences on the web
If this sounds like you, ESPN wants your help! We bring in world-class talent to apply the latest technology to game-changing ideas. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with sports fans, however and wherever they connect with sports.
• Help maintain and improve ESPN's family of digital products, triaging and addressing product issues while identifying opportunities for performance improvement and optimal scalability.
• Build and support tools to assist in the creation, curation, and distribution of ESPN's article, scoring, and video content.
• Contribute to ESPN's test automation suite, ensuring unrivaled product quality for sports fans.
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, and advanced knowledge of at least one object-oriented language
• Demonstrated ability to learn relevant technologies
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Driven and self-motivated
• BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.