Fall Intern - Marketing Design
ESPNNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
We are the creative arm of ESPN Marketing, producing a wide range of advertising pieces to promote a full range of shows, products and services to our fans. We are responsible for designing, developing and delivering media for television, print, digital platforms, and more to meet the needs of our marketing teams and supporting all of our sports brands and external sponsors.
A Day in the Life:
This role will report to the Associate Creative Director and work closely with our design team, as well as our talented group of project managers and developers. You'll work hand-in-hand to help create a wide range of print and digital marketing materials, communicate with brand coordinators, receive feedback and design direction, and participate in open discussions about marketing campaigns. You'll also work with other interns within the marketing department on specialized projects and other unique opportunities.
What You Bring to the Role:
• Related education in art and design, with an interest in marketing.
• Solid skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
• Willingness to work both with a team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to stay organized, effectively manage time, and communicate with people.
• Passion to learn, share ideas, and collaborate with colleagues both in-person and remotely.
• An interest in the business and creative sides of sports marketing.
• Knowledge and passion for the ESPN brand and for sports, both professional and collegiate.
• Strong understanding of a variety of marketing mediums (print, digital, social media, etc).
• Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduated student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Please submit a cover letter highlighting why you're a strong candidate for this internship. A portfolio link is also recommended.
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program. May 2019 graduates are still eligible.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the dates are September 9th – November 15th, 2019. Interns may work up to 40 hours per week with some flexibility in number of hours and schedule to accommodate classes as needed.
Housing: This internship is located in New York, NY. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.