Executive Producer, Podcasts
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2020 10:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Executive Producer, Podcasts jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Executive Producer, Podcasts postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Producer, Podcasts? Job Summary:
The Executive Producer, ESPN Podcasts will oversee all ESPN Original Podcast Content initiatives for Original Talk and Storytelling Podcasts, with the general goal of centralizing the podcast creative processes. Responsibilities include oversight of the strategy, development, and budgets for the original talk and storytelling podcast portfolio. This person will work closely with a podcast team and across ESPN content leaders, to ensure collaboration and clear communication of ESPN podcast content process and strategy across the organization.
This person will be charged with developing and implementing the content strategy and podcast greenlighting process with editorial teams and content teams across the company. The position will manage a team of producers who will oversee the production and publishing of podcast content. It is crucial that this person be able to work collaboratively across the organization to manage, resource, and streamline ESPN podcast content efforts.
• ESPN Podcast Content Strategy:
• Develop ESPN's podcast content strategy, ensuring alignment with content leaders across ESPN Digital and Storytelling units.
• Collaborates with key stakeholders, producers, editors and storytellers across ESPN teams to ensure the depth and breadth of ESPN reporting and storytelling is represented in the podcast content.
• Work closely with Audio marketing and distribution teams on new launch plans to expand audience across the ESPN podcast portfolio.
• ESPN Podcast Content Development:
• Determine and implement the process for greenlighting ESPN podcast content, ensuring all podcast pitches are vetted and assigned performance criteria.
• Proposes, greenlights, assigns, and participates in the development and editing of original podcast content for sports and storytelling initiatives.
• Reports, produces and creates exceptional quality program segments and episodes that are consistent with the content, quality and production standards and practices of ESPN.
• Reviews content, quality and production of program segments by staff, contributors, and freelancers to ensure consistency with the same standards and practices.
• Executive Production:
• Work closely with ESPN production teams to assign production resources for podcast production.
• Leads a team for the planning and production of a podcast Network that includes 30 titles of originally produced podcasts, including original talk titles and the development of new sports and storytelling podcast content.
• Provides creative and editorial guidelines to hosts, guests and production teams to enhance the overall quality of podcast content.
• Coaches hosts, producers, reporters and editors to strengthen conversational storytelling skills.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressively complex related audio or related journalistic experience, with a thorough knowledge of writing, audio production and producing original audio content.
• Has a high level expertise to create and produce compelling sports podcast programming; able to generate and execute new podcast concepts, from inception to execution.
• Has expert currency regarding podcast production and publishing infrastructure, including strong knowledge on growing audience across social and digital platforms.
• Has expert mastery of the production processes and the ability to produce at the highest level of sports programming.
• Deep passion and knowledge in a wide range of subject areas related to sports.
• Has expert knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for sports podcasts.
• Strong journalistic and editorial instincts; exceptional writing ability.
• Strong familiarity with ESPN content across all platforms.
• Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware, software, and facilities.
• Demonstrated digital editing expertise using ProTools audio editing software.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.