This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2024 1:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Director postings
Full Time Job
Location: Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States
The Director II position is responsible for the planning and line-directing live and taped Studio, Remote and REMI productions, in both conventional and automated control rooms. Responsibilities include the oversight of a variety of special projects, as well as the direction of some of the department's most complex and highest profile productions. The Director II will be required to participate in pre- and post-production meetings, plus contribute ideas to help realize a vision for a show. The Director II will be responsible for managing personnel and facilities as they relate to the production. In addition, will work in conjunction with Coordinating Producers and Producers to provide support and guidance on content philosophy and execution, plus coordinate and disseminate show information to the production and operational units. The Director II will need to be a team builder with strong production and technical knowledge, and demonstrate leadership qualities in all interactions and decisions. The Director II will be required to coach, develop and mentor Director Is, Associate Directors and Stage Managers, and must provide consistent, comprehensive written feedback of their performance to Directing Management.
• Directs live and taped productions from the control room or mobile unit; coordinates and executes all aspects of scripted and unscripted shows.
• During Ignite/Automated productions – Directors will code rundowns; facs studio and remote guests; troubleshoot technical issues; possibly select music and coordinate liveshots in the absence of an AD.
• Provides clear, concise and orderly communication of traffic to all involved during each production.
• Troubleshoots, in real-time, operational issues that arise during assigned production.
• Oversees lighting, camera blocking, visual effects and graphics integration, and timing to ensure a quality presentation.
• Assists Managers and Producers with developing concepts, editorial themes and specific narratives for productions.
• In show preparation, coordinates with Associate Director the assigned pre-production elements and reviews the rundown for accuracy.
• Oversees and contributes to the planning and organizing of multiple high-profile projects at one time. Manages personnel and facilities as they relate to assigned projects; interacts with other departments for a common goal.
• Provides consistent and ongoing feedback to Directors, Associate Directors and Stage Managers as well as other team members, and documents in written form to Management. Written feedback should be thoughtful and comprehensive with clear, detailed examples.
• Observes Directors, Associate Directors and Stage Manager outside of show unit to directly contribute to their development.
• Arranges and participates in clip review sessions with Director Is and AD IIs.
• Assists Management with the creation and implementation of training programs for staff development.
• May be asked to provide written feedback for various show unit personnel, including but not limited to: Designers, VCS/OCTO ops, Editorial Graphic Producers, Producers and Coordinating Producers.
• Practices and maintains the Directing Department performance standards as they apply to leadership, communication, operations, personal development and productions, and consistently performs all of the duties and functions required of the role.
• Minimum 10 years of directing experience or network equivalent preferred.
• Hard working, detail oriented, creative; passionate about production with knowledge in technology.
• Ability to think and react quickly to rapidly changing situations in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to all crew members during live telecast.
• Strong leadership and decision-making skills as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organization and show execution, plus problem solving.
• Ability to direct high-profile and wide range of productions.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent