This was removed by the employer on 7/16/2020 1:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director jobs in Charlotte-NC
Search all Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director? Director I
Responsible for directing ESPN Charlotte REMI game telecasts and studio productions by coordinating show information in advance, then disseminating the information to the production and operational units. Team builder with strong production and technical knowledge required.
• Direct live productions from the control room or mobile unit by ''calling the shots''; coordinate and execute all aspects of a fast-paced ''live'' telecast; both game and studio productions.
• Provide clear, concise and orderly communication of traffic to all involved during each assigned production.
• Works with Producer and Operations team to determine camera placement at each venue; plans and executes the capture of desired shots, live-to-tape builds and sequences of shots.
• Directs the technical crews and freelancers assigned to remote events; conducts production and technical meetings to define crew responsibilities and to outline expectations of the crew for any given live remote sporting event.
• Oversee all aspects of the production, including lighting, camera blocking, visual effects, graphics and timing to ensure a quality presentation.
• Participate in meetings with managers and producers to develop the concepts, editorial themes and specific narratives for assigned productions.
• Minimum of 10 years' major market/network experience with emphasis on live game productions.
• A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
• Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills are required.
• Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
• Leadership skills are essential as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organization and show execution, plus problem solving.
• Hard working, detail oriented, creative; passionate about production and interested in technology.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.