Director, Remote Production Operations
ESPNLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
The Director of Production Operations is responsible for key leadership and direction of all Production Operations at ESPN Studios in Las Vegas, including hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of personnel & facilities.
• Working with third-party vendor to ensure the overall management of day-to-day Operations and facilities at ESPN Studios in Las Vegas. Thorough knowledge of Production Operations is desired.
• Oversees production operations, vendor service-level agreement and facilities in support of live studio shows, live specialty productions, on-site remote activations and breaking news.
• Oversees a combination of domestic and international integration requirements while working closely with ESPN network control, edit operations, transmissions, and the ESPN assignment desk.
• Sets requirements related to successfully operating the essential day-today functions of the studio and associated operations.
• Required to participate in the planning and development for current and future production and operational needs and requirements of production operations, including but not limited to systems, workflow, staffing and facilities.
• Participates in the research of new technologies as they relate to operations; maintains a current awareness of technical developments and trends in the industry.
• Responsible for overall leadership and management of the facility and third-party relationships.
• Working closely with leadership from across the enterprise, participate in planning for merit, promotional, and capital budgets.
• Expected to direct or participate in special projects.
• Candidate must have past managerial experience. They must also possess a strong knowledge of: operating standards and systems, multi-platform production equipment, signal flow and distribution, and the applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to engage in diversity efforts around team building, resource planning, training, remote assignments, report writing, third party agreements; and future staff and facility assignments.
• Qualified candidate will possess 10 years of network or major market experience in management and television operations dealing in the execution of domestic and/or international production. Candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and expertise in server based technologies, as well as, audio/communications, network control operations, non-linear edit, media ingest, record and playout, specialty studio cameras, video shading, robotics, and more.
• 10-years of progressively complex related production and network operations experience.
• In-depth knowledge of studio and network processes including cross-platform collaboration.
• In-depth understanding of the financial implications of studio and network operations.
• In-depth knowledge of the technical equipment involved in producing shows and multi-network operations.
• College Degree in Mass Communications, Electronic Journalism or related field is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in television operations is also desired.
• ESPN is the World Wide Leader in Sports and the industry leader in High Definition Television production. We are looking for a proven professional to join our management team.
• Proficient in business protocol and familiar with techniques of production research and development.
• Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
• High School or GED
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
ESPN Remote Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our business unit comprises Venue/Stadium Management, Technical/Resource Management, Crewing, Transmission, Mobile Unit, External Studio Operations, Workflow Design, and Business Operations. Our team manages approximately 10,000 technicians and supports more than 5000 productions each year located in various stadiums, arenas, and remote locations throughout the world.