Director, Production Operations
Full Time Job
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Director of Production Operations is responsible for key leadership and direction of Production Operations including hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of personnel and facilities.
• Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of Production Operations staff and facilities. Thorough knowledge of Production Operations is desired.
• Through reporting managers, oversees production operations personnel and facilities in support of live studio shows, specialty productions and network operations; oversees a combination of domestic and international production, network control, edit operations and the assignment of personnel and facilities.
• Recommends the procedures and processes related to supporting production operations and oversees the development of standard operating procedures for all operating functions.
• Required to participate in the planning and development for current and future production and operational needs and requirements of production operations, including but not limited to systems, workflow, staffing and facilities.
• Participates in the research of new technologies as they relate to operations; maintains a current awareness of technical developments and trends in the industry.
• Responsible for overall leadership and management of assigned teams including but not limited to; recruitment, personnel performance, and achievements in line with company priorities.
• Leads assigned teams in planning for merit, promotional, and capital budgets.
• Leads the creation and implementation of training and development programs to improve the competency of the production operations staff; evaluates the progress of the staff in their training through reporting managers.
• Expected to direct or participate in special projects.
• Candidate must have past managerial experience. They must also possess a strong knowledge of: operating standards and systems, multi-platform production equipment, signal flow and distribution, and the applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to engage in diversity efforts around team building, resource planning, training, remote assignments, report writing, staff and facility assignments.
• Qualified candidate will possess 10 years of network or major market experience in management and television operations dealing in the execution of domestic and/or international production. Candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and expertise in server based technologies, as well as, audio/communications, network operations, technical director, non-linear edit, media ingest, record and playout, specialty studio cameras, video shading and more.
• 10-years of progressively complex related production and network operations experience.
• In-depth knowledge of studio and network processes.
• In-depth understanding of the financial implications of studio and network operations.
• In-depth knowledge of the technical equipment involved in producing shows and multi-network operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications, Electronic Journalism or related field is preferred, with a concentration on computer systems, non linear work flow and/or studio production. Demonstrated proficiency at television operating positions is also desired.
• ESPN is the World Wide Leader in Sports and the industry leader in High Definition Television production. We are looking for a proven professional to join our management team.
• Proficient in business protocol and procurement techniques as well as in-depth research and development.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Production, Management or related fields.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Production, Management or related fields is preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.