Director Creative Works ESPN Marketing and ESPN Creativeworks
Full Time Job
ESPN Marketing and ESPN CreativeWorks is looking for Director of Creative Works, to oversee the ESPN Promotional and Branded Content post production group for ESPN properties product catalog with the overarching goal of providing an excellent fan experience and value for our Ad Partners. This position is for a creative leader for the department, one who motivates the team of producers, editors, and designers while overseeing the entire operation to manage workflow and ensuring high quality standards while delivering innovative video solutions across all platforms. Position and it's team dual reports into ESPN Marketing and ESPN CreativeWorks and works closely with members of both as well as Disney Advertising Sales and Ad Partners.
• Manages communications and partnerships for ESPN Marketing and ESPN CreativeWorks
• Manages and organizes all project needs strategically based on resource needs, skill sets, timelines and budgets.
• Develops metrics to expand the team in concert with Editorial Operations
• Leverage the appropriate skills of internal talent to ensure the highest level of creative execution and puts in place best practices and implements new processes where needed.
• Works with management to optimize workflows and recommend streamlining opportunities.
• Manages the day to day cross-functional conversations between Programming, CreativeWorks, Production, Marketing, Creative and Studio Direction
• Leads new idea generation with a focus on forward thinking creative executions across all ESPN businesses
• Interacts with department heads in both CreativeWorks and Marketing to ensure the best most efficient and collaborative environment is maintained.
• Provides regular feedback to all teams and individual contributors in order to grow their skill sets and shape the business as ESPN moves forward.
• Leads Innovation initiatives across the CreativeWorks and Marketing business by ensuring proper resources are available to test and execute ideas.
• Aligns with all CreativeWorks and Marketing commitments to ensure both arms of the business are getting proper support.
• Understands how to build on the existing internal infrastructure or adapt the current structure to support company objectives.
• Grow additional capabilities to support more Ad Partner post production to reduce costs that result in additional media revenue.
• Leads all auditing and organizational needs across CreativeWorks and Marketing
• Develop and maintain strong relationships that have been established with key internal stakeholders across ESPN.
• Bachelor's degree in communications or related field
• Minimum eight (8) years of production or post production experience.
• Proficient knowledge of modern post production technologies, including Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D, as well as audio and finishing environments.
• Demonstrated experience and drive for superior results and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent thought leadership, strategic, analytical and forward-planning skills
• Highly collaborative leader and team player with talent for influencing large or small, cross-functional teams.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet deadlines
• Possess a passion for media, entertainment industries and sports
• Ability to partner with other departments to complete projects on time.
• Be creative and innovate, with the ability to incorporate best practices and develop new concepts.
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment that provides regular challenges.
• Understanding of the ESPN brand and a passion for sports.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher, or equivalent professional experience in production for Television, Advertising or Marketing
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.