Digital Video - Social Producer II For Snapchat
Full Time Job
Digital Video/Social Producer II will focus on SNAPCHAT. It is tasked with the production and editing of trending video content on ESPN-branded channels across social media. This role may additionally oversee production groups for select content. This role requires a commanding knowledge of digital media distribution and content creation. Additionally, this role may involve the development and production of original show concepts across multiple social channels. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and constantly innovating their approach to content technically, tactically, and creatively. Must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully in identifying and/or developing up-to-the-minute video content optimized for multiple platforms and user needs. This is a visible role requiring executive presence and presentation skills both in and out of ESPN.
• Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Social Platforms and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
• Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
• Participate in the pitch process to ensure that production and execution is feasible, and poised for success
• Participate with Business Development, Ad Sales and Marketing in the evaluation of new revenue partners that integrate into ESPN digital properties.
• Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
• Effectively manage production timelines to ensure projects are executed on time
• Engage internal content partners to ensure the best creation, sharing and distribution of video content.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for digital video content.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on all social platforms.Supervise creation and editing of videos for ESPN's Snapchat and IGTV channels. These will include headline writing, tagging and managing an overall style and voice, and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
• Minimum 5 years of combined media experience with a focus on digital media, product development, content strategy, and project management.
• Masterful understanding of data analytics, and using data to inform production strategies
• Experience creating and programming video content, and publishing to live streams
• Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends.
• Excellent headline writing skills; an understanding of optimal tactics for social distribution.
• Strong understanding of core characteristics of ''viral'' content
• Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
• Experience managing large-scale social production channels
• Has a minimum of 5 years of practical Digital/Social Production or related experience.
• Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple social media platforms.
• Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, etc.)
• Experience working in a mobile-first content environment
• Experience managing social media accounts for large audiences.
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Strong presentation skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in a media-related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.