Coordinator, Media Strategy & Planning
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Media Strategy & Planning Team at ESPN develops innovative communication strategies and media plans that drive awareness, consumption, and brand affinity across all properties and platforms to affect the ESPN business.
The Coordinator, Media Strategy & Planning will focus on supporting the holistic media strategy of the ESPN Marketing portfolio on-channel, off-channel, and across The Walt Disney Company's complete assets. They will work with multiple in-house teams and external agencies on a daily basis. The Coordinator, Media Strategy & Planning takes pleasure in getting to ''do it all'', supporting on projects that blur the lines between media, strategy, insights and creative. This role provides foundational experience in how the world of media operates. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding organizational skills, can provide objective analysis and has the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work with autonomy, and have a positive attitude. This position will report to the Associate Manager, Media Strategy & Planning and collaborate closely with others in the group, as well as across the company and The Walt Disney Company.
The ideal candidate possesses outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload with a can do attitude.
• Liaise between brand teams, in-house creative agency and media agencies to communicate specs, obtain delivery details, organize kick-off calls, and assist in the trafficking process to ensure timely launch of on- and off-channel plans.
• Create and distribute media plans, including updates and revisions, to brand teams.
• Work alongside Associate Manager to assist in the development of media strategy, on- and off-channel media plans and post campaign wrap reports.
• Responsible for planning, managing and analyzing in-house campaigns, providing necessary optimizations; compile post-mortem reports for campaigns and monthly cross-platform actualization reporting.
• Set up meetings and internal statuses, providing agendas and recaps for larger team.
• Work alongside the Associate Media Manager to oversee the media budget, which may include, but not limited to receive and log invoices, complete monthly accrual process, facilitate creation of POs for billing, etc.
• Stay on top of sports industry trends, ad products, consumer and viewing behaviors to inform Media plans; provide point of view on relevant marketing campaigns and how ESPN can incorporate new technologies and partners into our campaigns.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in integrated media planning (brand, corporate, agency or publisher side preferred).
• Experience or class work in marketing communications strategy.
• Genuine interest in sports and is excited to influence and impact the fan experience.
• Strong knowledge of media landscape, terminology, and measurement across all platforms (TV, radio, digital, mobile, print, OOH, search and social media).
• Passion for data-driven marketing and experience with devising effective strategies based on true insights.
• Proactive self-starter: Thrives in a fast-paced environment, can provide an action plan with little/variable direction, has a positive attitude, and can manage own time efficiently and independently.
• Aptitude for insight: The ability to find trends in large amounts of data and to inform strategies based on those trends.
• Superior organizational skills: Detail oriented with the ability to multitask in face of shifting priorities, and meet multiple deadlines; has superior organization/attention to detail, and project management skills.
• Passion for learning & innovation: Strives to build new skillsets and to use meaningful innovation for critical problem solving by asking questions to better understand the culture of the business, policies, practices, and procedures.
• Collaborative team player: Strong written and verbal communication skills that allows for the clear articulation of strategy and ideas in order to influence and set direction; seeks advice from peers and senior staff members; and isn't afraid to ask questions.
• Adaptable: can work well in both group and individual settings, has strong interpersonal skills, and can interface with a wide variety of personalities.
• Willingness to work outside of standard business hours, if needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.