Coordinator, Corporate Citizenship
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Corporate Citizenship (ESPN)
This is a full-time role, based on the ESPN campus in Bristol, CT. The Corporate Citizenship team is seeking a talent, hard-working team-player to drive publicity of community events, program activations and charitable contributions and to support the success of large-scale projects and programs across the business.
• Effectively partner with Corporate Citizenship team to drive publicity of community events, program activations and charitable contributions.
• Draft and edit communications for both internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to, talking points, scripts, articles and reports.
• Maintain and update Corporate Citizenship internal and external websites and social media handles.
• Help coordinate the Shred Hate bullying prevention program in collaboration with X Games and MLB. This includes planning Shred Hate meetings with program partners and coordinating activation elements within program markets.
• Provide support for the Sports Humanitarian Awards, which honors those in the industry who use sports to inspire social good.
• Serve as the liaison with leagues and teams for the Awards, by coordinating with nominees and honorees on nominations, media assets, PR opportunities, logistics and grants.
• Assist on additional Corporate Citizenship programs as needed, including a new youth sports initiative, and others duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated strong business writing skills and familiarity with AP Style; ability to provide writing samples upon request
• 2 or more years of effective and demonstrated project management skills
• 2 or more years of experience in nonprofit or corporate CSR program development and/or volunteerism
• Ability to be creative in designing promotional materials; familiarity with graphic design software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Canva, etc.)
• Experience in activating social media campaigns
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong independent work ethic, excellent time management skills and organizational abilities
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and be a self-starter
• Willingness and availability to travel domestically, approximately up to 2-3 trips/year
• Bi-lingual capabilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.