Content Systems Engineer
This was removed by the employer on 11/27/2018 4:09:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Content Systems Engineer jobs in Bristol-CT
Search all Content Systems Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Content Systems Engineer? Job Summary:
Wanted: a talented, self-motivated engineer who is passionate about creating, developing and implementing innovative technical solutions in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Our Content Systems Engineers design, develop and implement next generation, IP-based media systems and associated workflows used to create, format and distribute content for ESPN's television, web and mobile properties. These solutions create high value for our business partners and supports ESPN's mission to serves sports fans anytime, anywhere. Primary focus of this role involves development and implementation of next generation solutions that support ingest, edit, transcode, archive and distribution functions within ESPN's live streaming and file-based media environments.
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of live transcode/encode and contribution stream conditioning (IP encapsulation, metadata processing and insertion, timecode and closed caption data injection) solutions.
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of high capacity, video storage and archive solutions along with associated data access and management systems.
• Participate in the development and implementation of next generation solutions that enable production workflow integration and file based media exchanges with remote facilities, event sites and 3rd party distribution partners.
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of cost effectively scalable, next generation solutions that support ingest, transcode, processing and distribution of file-based video content. This includes automated QC checks along with preservation, generation and/or processing of closed caption data (e.g. side car file creation, data embedding).
• Design, development and implementation of IP video stream capture and clipping infrastructure and associated tools.
• Design, development and implementation of ABR transcode and packaging solutions.
• Development and deployment of workflows to support media ingest, archive and restore functions.
• Integration of media systems with internally developed and/or 3rd party MAM, resource management and media orchestration solutions.
• Development and implementation of solutions that ensure quality control and integrity of streams created within the IP media streaming environment (e.g. timing alignment, video/audio quality, metadata processing).
• Ensure system interoperability with 3rd party, vendor supplied systems and products.
• Responsible for testing and implementation of system software and firmware updates.
• Responsible for reporting and tracking issues and new feature requests with vendors.
• Provide 2nd level operational/technical support and training as necessary to operations, engineering and support staff.
• Development and execution of proof of concept initiatives regarding new technologies and methodologies as related to media systems.
• 2 years of demonstrated technical experience in a broadcast environment
• Working knowledge and understanding of video and audio encoding/transcoding techniques and formats along with ABR packaging protocols.
• Basic understanding of digital compression and transport systems, video over IP, RF principles, baseband video and fiber optics.
• Working knowledge of video storage technology (e.g. NAS, SAN, Object) and archive solutions along with associated data access protocols, application software and systems (e.g. GPFS, OneFS, Jboss, Samba, SMB, NFS).
• Working knowledge of closed caption formats, data preservation and processing techniques.
• Working knowledge of media management and workflow orchestration tools and techniques.
• Working knowledge of broadcast industry standards and associated organizations.
• Working knowledge of high performance, IT based hardware technology used within the media systems environment.
• Experience with implementation of software based media solutions deployed on IT/commodity hardware running on various OS platforms (e.g. Linux, Windows).
• Knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies and techniques.
• Working knowledge of I.T & networking principals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, SNMP)
• Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required
• Shows eagerness and capacity to learn new technologies, methods and approaches.
• Adapts quickly to changing situations
• Willingness to undertake development of new and untested approaches to satisfying production and business requirements
• Works well in a highly collaborative, team environment
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to maintain productivity with minimal supervisory oversight
• Experience with hardware virtualization, cloud computing and SaaS solutions within the media systems environment.
• Familiarity with various scripting protocols (e.g. Perl, Java, Python).
• Project management experience preferred
• Experience using AutoCAD and Microsoft Visio preferred
• Remote production experience preferred but not required
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.