Full Time Job
The Content Producer works as part of a production team in the creative development, preparation, and production of boxing content, following the guidance of the Producer. Will manage the set up and execution of shoots. Works closely with talent and producers to develop and write content ideas and show segments. Works toward the ''creative vision'' of assigned multimedia productions and features. Fully understands the technical process in which content is created and delivered to fans across platforms and has the ability to edit this content at a high level. Understands data metrics and how to best use that information to inform content creation and distribution across social and digital platforms. Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media. Effectively maintains leadership in a group environment, manages direct reports and delivers constructive feedback. Mentors less experienced members of the team. May be assigned to various original or special projects.
• Contributes to all aspects of production related to boxing content, including: ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and distribution, in addition to possible coordination of guest booking and talent scheduling for segments in shows.
• Collaborates to write and develop compelling content with regular guidance from the responsible Producer and Director
• Uses mastery of boxing knowledge, creativity and news judgment to pitch ideas for the rundown, concepts and content
• Understands how to maximize the latest editing and producing tools to best tell a story
• Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs with direction from the Producer to create informative and entertaining sports content
• Operates within the context of maximizing distribution and revenue opportunities
• Able to give constructive feedback to a staff of subordinate Associate Producers & Production Assistants
• Work is reviewed by the responsible Producer at regular intervals and milestones
• Has a minimum of 5 years of practical multimedia Production or related experience.
• Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what ''works'' on all platforms and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN consumers
• Has good production skills related to sporting events
• Has a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and sales strategies
• Has an established knowledge of sports and sports history
• Is a supervisor with good leadership skills
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Good writing, editing and copy editing skills
• Knowledge of production and video editing
• Understanding of metrics-based decision making
• Availability to work nights/weekends/holidays
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.