Bilingual Sports Content Researcher
Part Time Job
The ESPN Stats & Information Group is a pressure-packed, exciting work environment specializing in information dissemination across ESPN. Our content is used across multiple platforms -- television, digital media, radio, ESPN The Magazine and ESPN Mobile. The SIG Content umbrella includes BottomLine Editors and Sports Content Researchers. The Sports Analytics Team and Stats & Analysis are our partners in SIG.
SIG Content is responsible for providing perspective and context around sporting events and storylines including historical context and statistical analysis. The Researcher will use broad and deep sports knowledge to ensure the accuracy of live news-and-information shows such as SportsCenter, ESPNEWS and sport-specific shows on soccer, baseball, football, basketball and other sports and various game broadcasts.
The Researcher will have a visible role interacting with colleagues inside and outside Stats & Information; this includes but is not limited to collaboration, content generation, training and on-boarding. This person will consider the broader ESPN-wide perspective and will demonstrate the company's leadership competencies.
• Responsibilities will include researching original content for full-screen graphics, anchor lead-ins and original pieces, as well as creating and dispersing information to other areas of ESPN, such as Studio Production, Event Production, ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN Mobile, and ESPN International. The focus will be on producing this content in Spanish primarily.
• Utilizes broad and deep sports knowledge to ensure that graphics, game notes, anchor scripts and reporter scripts are factually and statistically accurate.
• Develops original graphics that provide statistical analysis of events, news stories and topical issues.
• Researches original content or collaborates with the Content Desk for every element of a studio show.
• Provides real-time updates and trend notes for anchors in studio and for score panels.
• Researches statistics and other information for all members of show group to support storylines.
• Develops and communicates storylines for a variety of ESPN shows.
• Demonstrates the necessary speed, accuracy and creativity to do all the normal research tasks and takes on additional duties to enhance shows, sports and content across platforms.
• Incorporates advanced metrics into all aspects of work, as part of a wide array of research tools to utilize.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Fluency in reading, speaking and writing Spanish
• Elite writing and grammar skills in Spanish and English. Must have demonstrated ability to research and to write air-ready scripts and edit and improve anchors' scripts.
• Very deep and very broad sports knowledge across multiple sports, with an emphasis on soccer. Must have expert-level recall of current and historical sports statistics, news, events and milestones.
• Full availability for this position, which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Equivalent of 1 year of experience in sports, statistics, research or related fields.
• Must be able to identify appropriate statistical tools, advanced statistics or Next Level data to support storylines across all platforms.
• Must be able to communicate information accurately.
• Must be able to adhere to strict deadlines and react to breaking news.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience working with statistics in an online, television or print media environment
• Demonstrated achievement in training or overseeing team-based projects.
• Knowledge of ESPN policies and procedures
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.