Full Time Job
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Audio Operator must be proficient in mixing and monitoring all audio sources for both live and taped programming, including but not limited to microphones, music, sound effects and natural sound. This person is expected to work with the production team in maintaining ESPN's high standards of audio presentation for all studio shows, and will have proficiency in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router, digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices, broadcast routers, etc.
• Operates all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, MADI router, digital audio delivery servers, microphone and IFB signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices, broadcast routers, etc.
• Measures audio signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
• Performs proficiently under strict timelines and/or live conditions.
• Files reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions and, equipment status at the request of management.
• Prioritizes and disseminates complex information among the entire control room crew in a clear and concise manner to ensure seamless productions.
• Participates in special event coverage and projects as necessary.
• May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
• Problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Seeks out information in regards to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Participates in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio signal flow concepts, dynamics processing, equalizers, metering concepts, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
• Experience routing and mixing audio from different sources in both stereo and Dolby 5.1 configurations.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.