Associate Supervisor, Productions Operations
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2019 1:10:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Supervisor, Productions Operations jobs in Charlotte-NC
Search all Associate Supervisor, Productions Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Supervisor, Productions Operations? Job Summary:
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations.
Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Associate Supervisor will provide daily supervision to a requisite number of personnel, projects and/or resources. Ensures complete end to end development of assigned personnel (direct reports) and/or Operations projects. Trained in the HR roles as a manager, must resolve employee conflicts, conduct annual reviews and set expectations for capital and operations growth.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Engages a wide range of advanced tasks which include audio and/or video production assignments that may include training and have expectations including any of the following:
• Expertise in the operation of various media applications, including but not limited to: server based record/playback devices and related software apps., etc.
• Expertise and highest standard of Master Control functions, (e.g. setting up, controlling and monitoring TV Production equipment to transmit live and taped programming, commercials and network branding graphics)
• Comprehensive experience with integrated automation systems including, but not limited to; managing files, troubleshooting error messages and delivering content
• Providing expert levels and highest standard of audio engineering (''A1'') functions, e.g., operating various audio consoles; creating audio equipment and layout specifications for audio systems; ''patching'' audio effects racks, amplifier racks and mixing consoles; programming/operating intercom systems; QC and adjusting signals from remote venues including audio and telephony
• Providing expert levels and highest standard of Technical Directing functions, e.g. operating video switchers, implementing sources, creating displays, interfacing with external devices, creating user and suite preferences.
• Comprehensive experience of TV Production measurement, formats, and language and full oversight of quality control of audio and/or video inputs and signals prior to and on air
• Works closely with Manager –Production Operations in the professional development of Production Operations Technicians; trains and mentors less experienced Technicians in the performance of complex assigned tasks, provides feedback to management
• Follows up on deviation reports to identify and isolate special and/or systemic problems; participates in post-production evaluations and recommends corrective actions
• Leads special projects and/or operations teams in complex productions
• Coordinates personnel conducting assigned tasks for ESPN's networks or operations groups
• Coordinates and implements changes and improvements to policies and standard operating procedures; regularly suggests modifications to equipment and related technologies
• Recommend the implementation, installation and integration of technical systems, equipment and work flow. Communication priority is to execute all requirements around staff deployment and integration
• Leads or participates in the development of Production Operations standard operating procedures (SOPs) or assigned productions and for the implementation of new Operations equipment and/or workflows.
• Knowledge in business protocol and procurement techniques as well as in-depth research and development in specified areas of expertise
• Has in-depth production operations skills related to studio, editing, master control and/or production control rooms
• A minimum of 8 years of production operations or related experience
• Advanced proficiency in specific aspects of Production Operations, including, but not limited to: work flow, SOPs, systems, support and the business requirements.
• Master Control functions, (e.g. setting up, controlling and monitoring TV Production equipment to transmit live and taped programming, commercials and network branding graphics)
• Audio engineering (''A1'') functions, e.g., operating various audio consoles; creating audio equipment and layout specifications for audio systems; ''patching'' audio effects racks, amplifier racks and mixing consoles; programming/operating intercom systems; QC and adjusting signals from remote venues including audio and telephony
• Technical Directing functions, e.g. operating video switchers, implementing sources, creating displays, interfacing with external devices, creating user and suite preferences.
• Candidates must have solid computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and excellent communication skills.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.