Associate Producer, Production
ESPNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer II, Production (CreativeWorks)
The Associate Producer II, Production (CreativeWorks) - will play a key role in leading and supporting the production of a wide variety of ad partner-supported CreativeWorks campaigns. Working closely with the Directors of CreativeWorks Production, the Associate Producer II will interface extensively with internal stakeholders and external clients during the pre, field and post production phases of campaigns. Excellent communication skills and a hands-on knowledge of all aspect of productions are important in this role.
• Works within the Production group to implement ideations/scripts into both high quality and cost-effective productions.
• Assists in the bid submission process and hiring of 3rd party production companies.
• Works seamlessly with a wide range of ESPN colleagues across Marketing, Legal, Content and Commercial Operations departments, as well as Disney and the ad sales group.
• Very strong writing and communication skills i.e. articulating a production plan in a concise and clear manner.
• Operates with knowledge and savvy in the creation of both short-form (under: 30) and long-form (:30 – 2:00) scripted and non-scripted content.
• Experience in working on live action shoots.
• A solid understanding of cinematography/shooting, post production including graphics.
• Researches sports information and utilizes information resources in support of content creation and to ensure accuracy.
• A desire to learn about Intellectual Property with respect to what imagery may be legally permissible in ad-supported campaigns.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in field and post-production.
• Knows how to bring a story idea to reality.
• Avid sports fan with a strong understanding of pop culture.
• Full schedule availability, which will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• 25% of travel, including weekends and holidays.
• A strong desire to be a pioneering force in the growth of an industry-leading, full-service agency team, house under the most powerful brand in sports.
• Broadcast or creative agency experience is essential
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Communications, Journalism or Broadcasting
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.