Associate Manager, SEC Network Programming
Full Time Job
The Associate Manager, SEC Network Programming is responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of the SEC Network, regular season collegiate Olympic sports, and other SEC Network Charlotte-based activities reporting to the Director of College Networks Programming. In addition, the position will work closely with Charlotte Production on day-to-day network activity and future show development for SEC Network. The position will require consistent communication and interaction with the Bristol-based Programming team and with all internal ESPN departments including Production, Ad Sales, Finance, Marketing, Research, Legal, Sales and Marketing, and Digital Media. This position also supports the Director of College Sports Programming with the day-to-day relationship with the SEC office staff regarding the scheduling of their events.
The Associate Manager, SEC Network Programming will lead the assembly of the 24/7 SEC Network program schedule in a strategic effort to maximize viewership, sales opportunities and Affiliate value working closely with the ESPN Content Strategy team and the full College Sports unit. This person will provide the department with long-range programming data to support acquisition and schedule planning, and contribute to new idea generation.
• Primary scheduler of the SEC Network responsible for maintaining the network's schedule on a 24/7 basis.
• As the ESPN Programming partner with the conference office regarding their network schedule, communicate programming schedules to Southeastern Conference officials and member institutions and establish solid relationships.
• Work with ESPN Marketing to set strategic promotional priorities for the SEC Network.
• Work closely with Advertising Sales to develop revenue generating opportunities for SEC Network.
• As part of the Programming team, contribute new ideas and suggestions (within and outside of College Sports) guided by ESPN's overall brand strategies, viewer response, and the competitive landscape.
• Special projects as assigned by Director, College Networks Programming.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in television programming or related sports business field.
• Strong knowledge of college sports and the college conference landscape, specifically the Southeastern Conference.
• Strong knowledge of sports television, the sports business and the cable industry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all levels.
• Knowledge of Content Scheduler system or other ORACLE-related computer system.
• 5 years of experience in television programming or related sports business field.
• Experience working with legal contracts.
• - Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related field.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.