Associate Manager, Production and Synergy Integrations
Full Time Job
The Associate Manager will report to the Director II, Production and Synergy Integrations, and be responsible for supporting a variety of projects to help maximize content and promotional integration initiatives across ESPN. Specifically, the candidate is a self-starter who has a passion for sports, should have a strong background in project management and strong communication skills.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of cross-company initiatives at ESPN.
• Assist in managing and improving relationships and communication between teams and departments.
• Assist with developing and producing content elements to support initiatives.
• Ability to review and provide effective feedback on content elements including video and graphics for linear, digital, social and audio.
• Help track and report on status and final performance of all initiatives to ensure objectives are met. Produce post reports for all stakeholders and partners with regards to their support and production. Responsible for soliciting feedback across departments to ensure effective growth and change in the future.
• Share best practices across teams and help develop strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of initiatives.
• Maintain schedule of cross-company events for planning purposes.
• Assist with short and long range planning.
• Keep up with current internal business developments and business trends in other divisions of TWDC.
• Assist in the planning of budgets, personnel development and communication systems.
• As needed support ESPN Synergy team with initiatives that extend throughout TWDC.
• General support with administrative duties including assistance with meeting scheduling, collaborating on presentations and meetings across teams and departments, may also include AV needs, bookings, locations, and meeting details.
• Strong strategic planning and project management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and interpersonal, expressing ideas, thoughts, fact in a clear, convincing and organized way.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Internet savvy
• Video editing and graphic production experience.
• Ability to establish dynamic relationships with partners.
• Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly organized and able to work independently on projects – attention to detail is imperative.
• Ability to efficiently handle a large quantity of projects and tasks simultaneously under deadline, and complete a task with minimal direction or instruction.
• Creative thinker who enjoys finding creative solutions by bringing teams together in unique and unexpected ways
• Self-starter with strong initiative and problem solving skills – the candidate must demonstrate good judgment and be able to think on their toes.
• Energetic, Flexible, & Collaborative
• Minimum of 3 years related work experience
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Candidate should have a healthy appreciation of popular culture and the role of sports plays
• Driven self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment
• Disney and/or ESPN experience/interest or related sports/entertainment experience preferred.
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing business demands
• High School Diploma
• Preferred BA/BS from undergraduate university with degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field;
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.