Associate Director I
Full Time Job
The Associate Director I will operate under the close and direct supervision of the daily director of Domestic television productions by assisting with the timing of the show, the assembly of the show, and the preparation of assigned elements of the show, such as graphics, pre-production elements and pre-recorded segments.
• Assists the Director in executing live television productions from the control room by ''calling the shots'' to the production crew and technical crew involved. The program audio may be in Spanish, and the Director and Associate Director will make his/her commands in English.
• Ensures that the video portions of assigned shows are cued and fed.
• Coordinates video and graphics with the flow of the show. Graphics often in Spanish.
• Coordinates remote feeds, both domestic and international; ensures that specific shots are fed to the show correctly and on time.
• Tracks video cut sheets, indicating time, audio elements and graphic needs.
• Before assigned productions, coordinates the show with the control room and assigned Master Control Operators.
• May be assigned to special projects.
• A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
• Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation.
• Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas.
• Minimum of three years of production experience or network equivalent preferred.
• Directing experience preferred.
• Bilingual language skills (Spanish/English) preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.