ESPNLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Gathers and communicates content for use on ESPN platforms, working with ESPN staff and vendors, social media, affiliates and other networks. Understands basic rights and clearances issues. Hires camera crews, books studios, and arranges feeds and/or transfer of content. Strategizes and organizes movement of IP-based transmission devices for coverage. Handles all ancillary crew needs, such as technology and equipment, ethernet and fiber transmission for event coverages, as well as other duties as they are assigned. Participates in strategic editorial and logistical planning of coverage. Acts as the liaison between shows, crews in the field, Media Operations, and Transmission. This position requires the ability to multi-task and think strategically, to be a self-starter and passionate about their work. Shifts will include nights and weekends.
• Reacts immediately to breaking news and requests; pursues story-related content (sound and video) in a timely manner
• Clears social media content for ESPN platforms
• Collaborates with ABC NewsOne/ABC affiliates, as well as other networks, on breaking news stories, sharing of information, video and sound
• Gathers and enters transmission information (satellite, fiber, cable) for televised games
• Hires freelance ENG crews
• Possesses depth of knowledge in fiber, satellite, cellular, FTP, and viral newsgathering procedures
• Assigns and coordinates movement of IP-based transmission devices
• Coordinates game and studio events, including booking transmission needs (TVU/satellite/fiber), and promotes synergy between game and studio productions
• Works well in a team setting, shows initiative and problem-solving skills; takes direction from assignment desk management, coordinating producers, news editors, producers and senior editors
• Stays informed and up-to-date on sporting events and has above-average sports knowledge
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills, with the capacity to handle high-volume email and phone traffic
• Demonstrated initiative and positive, solution-oriented outlook
• Advanced ability to organize and prioritize
• Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of sports
• Working knowledge of television production and electronic and social media newsgathering
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word
• Three-plus years' experience in a television-related field
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.