ACC Network - Remote Traffic Coordinator
Full Time Job
ACC Network - Remote Traffic Coordinator I
The Remote Traffic Coordinator I is responsible for planning, procuring, and managing the telecommunications facilities and services that connect worldwide event venues with ESPN in Bristol, and other destinations, as necessary. These services will include the procurement and coordination of transportable and fixed satellite earth stations, occasional satellite transponders, high and low bandwidth fiber circuits, voice and data circuits, encryption and compression technologies, and other telecom services and facilities as needed. Develop and manage cost budgets for each program delivery.
• For all assigned programs and events, research, gather and integrate necessary technical, operational and fiscal information from various departments and other sources within and without ESPN. Use this information to analyze and determine all telecommunications requirements and costs.
• Once requirements are determined, ensure that proper telecommunications resources are provided in a fashion that conforms to ESPN's technical, operational and cost standards.
• Using various information tools and methods, provide updates to all relevant departments and individuals on the technical, operational and cost status for each project.
• For each program or event, prepare and maintain a budget of estimated and actual costs for any telecommunications resources provided. Approve the accuracy and proper budget assignment of invoices for hired services and facilities. Coordinate the flow of budget and invoice information to ESPN financial departments according to established procedures.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge about the operational and technical aspects of various telecom services and equipment at a level necessary and appropriate for fulfilling the department's responsibilities.
• Ensure that telecom service and equipment vendors meet and maintain ESPN technical and operational standards.
• When required, oversee provision of Network Traffic equipment to remote venues.
• Periodic weekend and evening hours required.
• Minimum of two years of academic or workplace broadcasting or communications experience strongly preferred.
• Candidate must possess strong communications and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
• Candidate must be able to maintain attention to detail and work independently in a demanding deadline driven environment.
• Travel, including passport-based international trips, required for assigned events.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
• Has basic knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Has a basic understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in communications or related field
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The ACC Network is a new multi-media platform collaboration between ESPN and the Atlantic Coast Conference launching August 2019. Showcasing 27 varsity sports, ACCN will super-serve ACC fans like never before. In addition to football and basketball, ACCN will feature live games and extensive regular season and tournament coverage of lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, softball, baseball and more. Original content and studio shows will provide fans inside access, analysis and storytelling all year long. The Atlantic Coast Conference was established in 1953 and consists of 15 member institutions: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame (excluding football), Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest.