Acc Network - Managing Producer
Full Time Job
This Managing Producer position will be primarily focused on ACC Network's studio programming; working in direct support of the Coordinating Producer
• Provides creative, personnel and administrative direction for ACC Network studio shows.
• Responsible for working with the Coordinating Producer to determine the budget for assigned events.
• Expect to produce special shows and as needed for weekly shows
• Serve as back bench producer during studio shows – work with producer to finalize show plans, communicate with master control/integration about transitions and fill shows, and serve as point of contact with game crews and studio
• Responsible for establishing and adhering to production schedules
• Ensures emerging stories and breaking news are incorporated into production, and as needed, directs production crew in the implementation of changes
• Provides direct feedback on shows to production staff and talent
• Uses mastery of ACC sports knowledge and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts, and content of shows
• May be asked to attend site surveys to represent production needs for road shows
• Minimum 8 years of progressively complex related studio sports production experience
• Ability to create and produce compelling shows
• Has mastery of the sports production processes and the ability to produce assigned shows
• Has a strong appreciation of popular culture, e.g., ''what's cool'' and assists with defining the tastes of ACCN's viewers
• Has an in-depth understanding of ACCN's market positioning and strategies
• Has an in-depth knowledge of sports and sports history and keeps current on changes and trends in the sports and television industry
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree in Communication, Media, Journalism, or related fields.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.